To create a change
Each one of us can make a difference. Together we make change.
This day center will be similar to the one in Kiryat Ono and will be geared towards adults with severe intellectual and physical disabilities who are able to benefit from the occupational, social, and rehabilitative structure. In the afternoon the Day Center will be opened up to the public as a community center.
This additional day center will provide much needed space and will serve an estimated 72 new members. The center will be built and operated according to the model and worldview which we have developed and implemented in the Kiryat Ono facility.
The Day Center will include:
- Six units of activity for approximately 13 members each.
- Paramedical center providing physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy
- Employment center
- Art center
- Snoezelen stimulation room
- Petting zoo
- Computer room
- Kitchen, dining room, and therapeutic kitchen
- Multi-purpose hall
- Offices and auxiliary rooms
In the afternoon hours the Day Center building and facilities will be available for culture, leisure and sports activities to the members of the Elga Campus and visitors with and without disabilities.