Everybody has a disability
The universal design focus is not specifically on people with disabilities, but all people. It actually assumes the idea, that everybody has a disability.
(Ronald L. Mace, 1998)
National Evaluation Center for Augmentative and Alternative Communication and Assistive Technology:
The National Evaluation Center for Augmentative and Alternative Communication and Assistive Technology will serve children and adults with complex communication needs. Services include professional evaluations and recommendations for appropriate support.
This evaluation center aims to expand the activities that are currently carried out in the Center for Augmentative Communication and Assistive Technology. This center is currently located in Alin Beit Noam Kiryat Ono. With the transition to the Elga Campus, the staff will be able to expand their services.
The Evaluation Center will include three halls in which the following services will be provided:
- Evaluation in the areas of augmentative and alternative communication
- Evaluation in the area of assistive technology
- Evaluation of mobility in powered wheelchairs
- Presentations and experience of assistive technologies
- Experience through virtual reality